Tuesday, January 7, 2014

pattern for homeshoes



These homeshoes pattern is basically a converting acrochet project that I found in a Japanese magazine  (I have shown in an earlier post ) . I thought I'd turn it into a knitting project, which is indeed my favorite art .
It is a composition of 6 squares and two triangles and although I knitted together on the go,picking up stitches each time from the finished square to knit the next , I give you the easier version, that a novice knitter can create !
I chose this lovely bright blue color for the closed scarf I made for the upcoming issue of Brava ( February ) :



Royal blue was emerged strongly by the fashion designers last summer and this winter and for spring 2014 it is considered by Pantone color of the year , and especially the Dazzling blue
FOR THE SLIPPERS

You will need :
YARN : Zara of Filatura di Crosa 1974 electric blue color ( 100 % wool , 125m./50gr . ) , Two skeins .
Needle for sewing
The slipper has a length of 23cm . approximately . Fits size 38-40 .
For the squares: CO 20sts and  knit and 32 rows in seed stitch . BO (make 6 )
For the triangles : CO 20sts and knit 32s .decreasing 1st the beginning of every 2nd row until you have 3sts left . Knit the 3sts tog. and BO ( make 2 ) .
Thread the needle and  initially join the squares and triangles together according to the scheme:

Then fold and join together the sides as shown in the scheme. The oblique sides of the two triangles are open to the opening.

Weave all threads.

Finally Make 2 small pom pons and sew each one in front of the opening as shown:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...